Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I guess I asked for it.

My life is eating me alive!
Like a sandwich- as Luke puts it.

So much for my "Ohhh, I'm going to be so fantastic at updating my blog this new year!"
Ahahaha. That was a lie. Sorry.

But, I've come to the conclusion- that even though I hardly have time to breath anymore- My life has reached a new level of happiness. My classes have proven to be fantastic (plus a little challenging), I'm surrounded by wonderful people who make me happy, and I've even had a few laughable/awkward moments along the way. (haha that was bound to happen though, right?)

Anywho- a few highlights of my first few weeks of the new semester:
  1. I've rediscovered the love I have for Zeeke, who is my bicycle. We go everywhere together. (almost everywhere. when weather permits.) 
  2. Aerobics. Its an adventure... When I was registering for classes, it seemed like a fab idea. (silly pre-aerobics self: "Oh, this will be great! I'll be so fit and happy! life is wonderful! ladedadeda!") I guess I didn't think through the whole 7:30 in the morning thing. or about how marching through snow in 8degree weather feels in comparison to a warm bed. Plus I'm in worse shape than I thought. (either that or my instructor is the energizer bunny...)
  3. My Art seminar classes seem to be consisting of button makers, and little german men that pernounce "Idea" like "Idear". Great!
  4. I got to visit Janessa and Baby Lilly. Pretty much fantastic! (also:did you know that there is a TV show called "When Vacations Attack"? True story.)
  5. Zeeke and I got caught in a rain storm on the way to work. Don't get me wrong! I love the rain with a passion! Its just not the best thing when you show up to work (after having miscalculated that getting there will take 10 mins when it actually takes 20) cold, wet, and looking like you decided to relieve yourself in your pants rather than a toilet. riding your bike through rain puddles will do that to you.
  6. Snow! Lots of it! (sorry Zeeke. I will miss you.)
The after effects of all of this have been shocking. Due to the combo of Zeeke and Aerobics, I now walk like a zombie. Plus one of my ears fell off from frostbite- it really adds to the effect.
But don't worry- I expect a full recovery.

Life is grand.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment