Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Breakable.

Connection is one thing that's always terrified me. When it happens, its like the two people involved are each given a thread- easy to snap, drop, tangle. 
(pinterest)

Friendship can be very delicate. Some people are more careful than others, determined to make the connection stronger, they're committed.
Committing scares me too...
When you are truly committing to someone- you're giving them a part of yourself- trusting them to hold that fragile little eggshell and not break it. I've always tried to hide mine. I feel safer that way.

In the past, when things would become too close, to sticky, or too "official" with somebody- I'd run. I've left people standing on porches, driven away from them in parking lots, and told them that distance was an acceptable excuse.
And it's always worked.
Mostly.

But go figure! life has a lovely habit of making exceptions to everything.
"Oh, Hey, Shawna- We're going to fling someone into your life that you cant possibly let go of! have fun!"
Its like throwing a bunny rabbit into a cage full of hungry and ferocious dogs. What ever happens- that rabbit will more than likely end  up broken...
hmmm....


So please- If you're reading this (and I'm pretty sure you know who you are.) - be careful.
Because I've officially given up.
That breakable, tender part of myself is starting to reach out.
and I've let it- which scares me more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment