Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'd MUCH rather be with you.

"Shawna! you are going to go on a  date on a boy in my dance class!" Kyrie had exclaimed.
"Erm. What?"


She then went on to list all of his fantastic qualities, and how he's looking for a girl who is upfront and won't lead him on.


"But, but, but... I don't want to..."
"Yes. Yes you do."
And I guess that was it.

after the initial "You mean, I'm going to be stuck with a complete stranger for a WHOLE night?" feeling- I decided it wouldn't be too terrible.
Kyrie promised that she and her Joe would be there with us the whole time, that he was really nice, and that I had no obligation to fall for him.

"Don't worry. I won't."

I already knew I was not looking for romance, or a soul mate, or a fling, or... anything else along those lines. (I'm already completely satisfied what I've got, thanks.)
However, it was a free dinner, and who knew, maybe an awesome new friend?

if only.


The plan was a photo scavenger hunt. Yay! right? hahah, no.


we split up at the entrance, Kyrie with her Joe- Me with the "him". we headed to the doors- I was reading through the list, with Mr. Dateman behind me, when suddenly- "Oomf!"
What ever he had been looking at must have been pretty fascinating. enough to overlook my presence and trample me.

at this point I thought " ok,  Cool. This guy is TOTALLY as socially awkward as I am! maybe this has potential. :)"
 Ahaha. No.

It seems he is strictly against any form of having fun, being silly, or doing anything slightly spontaneous what so ever.

Needless to say- with an akward "Um, I'm just not going to give you a hug, ok? and sure you can have my number, even though we both know you won't be calling it" goodbye, I was very ready to go home.

However, I can honestly say this date was a good... learning experience?


I now know the best pizza to order at the fire house pizza grill, that there is currently no Han Solo action figure in the toy section, and that try as you might- some things just wont work. (PS. sometimes this is a good thing.)

But don't worry guys, He wasn't fond of me either.
"She acted Cold." (said to Kyrie after the fact)
Schweet. 

At least I can say "that I'm upfront, and didn't lead him on"...

Over all...
 Boys, if you are wanting to be kind to your date:
  • Don't ignore her.
  • Don't shoot down her every idea.
  • Don't make rude comments about passerby's
  •  and Try and enjoy yourself a little.
 And Girls:
  • Maybe give him a chance. even if he is kindof a goober.
  • Plus it might be good if you don't constantly compare him to the man of your dreams...  It's probably a lot for the poor guy to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment