Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oh the woes of my Zeeke.

It seems that Zeeke has been having a rough time lately.
For those of you who don't know- Zeeke is my Bicycle. For the most part- he's quite lovely, bright blue, and not to mention, an excellent way to get places.




But he's getting a little worn out. We've been together a long time. 
Almost nine years to be exact.
gee.


I guess i shouldn't be surprised...

It wasn't until a few months ago that I realized Zeeke's age was beginning to show. See, you can only go so long before you notice your bike isn't quite like the fifty billion others wizzing around campus... Now don't get my wrong, a bike is a bike- and Zeeke looks just like any other bike. (ish)
But he doesn't sound like one.


Most bikes whir and click. Zeeke kindof....clanks?
He sounds like blender.
A blender grinding up rocks.


and at first I thought "Hey, It ads to his personality, right?" 
But yesterday I noticed this:


 Hmm.... 
It seemed that Zeeke Had some how managed to transform from an eight speed bicycle, to a one speed Bicycle.
All in the space of a few hours.


Impressive.

So see, now the Little Tuby thing connecting to the "Non-speed-changer" Dangles like this:


And whenever I go anywhere, it whacks against the wheel making an obnoxious "BANG" sound every time it hits.

Over all, the effect is very similar to what I imagine ignoring a persistent door-to-door salesman by drowning out his knocks with your blender would sound like....

Needless to say, I no longer have to worry about people not notice me coming up from behind.

But This also means I need to find a new hobby. Cutting between unsuspecting couples won't quite work any more...

1 comment:

  1. That last sentence seriously had me laughing! :)Poor Zeek.

    ReplyDelete