Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oldest.

I am the oldest of  seven children.
And let me tell you- there is nothing else like it.


In most cases when people say such things, they then go on about how they had to share their room with four sisters, what it's like to have your own private bench in sacrament meeting, how the family had to buy a bus to travel places in one piece, and that they're lucky if they go through less than three gallons of milk a week.

False. Except for very possibly the milk part.
while I am lucky enough to have all of these little people in my life- Not Once, have we all lived in the same home. In fact, I'm pretty sure my two youngest sisters are completely unaware that the other one exists...
Now before you go on about "poor thing, broken family,what chaos, that's terrible" and so on- let me give a quick explanation:

My life is  how it is- yes, its a little crazy at times, and sometimes it is awfully hard- but I know things were supposed to play out this way. otherwise they wouldn't' have.
I know this, so, I wouldn't have it any other way.
ok? ok.

Anyway- Last week was my Baby Ashlee's birthday, and hearing her little voice on the phone was probably the best thing in the WHOLE world. Also kinda heartbreaking. Ever since school started I get a "Shawny? When are you coming home?" every time we talk on the phone. Not going to lie-  I pretty much tear up every time she asks me.
After our short but sweet birthday conversation, I got to thinking about how much I've lucked out. Yeah, sometimes younger siblings can be a little bit of a bite in the bum (Cough cough- In Shelly's case, I mean that literally...) But I just have to say that mine are the best there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment